Fixed fees for disputes about children
Fixed fees for resolving disputes about children
We offer a range of fixed fees to help you to resolve disputes about children
- £118.80 Children Service (inclusive of VAT)
- Fixed Fee Managed Children Service
£118.80 Children Service
This service includes:
- 30 minute initial consultation
- one letter to the other party and advice on the response
- advice on the mediation process
- referral to mediation
- general advice on the court process if the issues cannot be resolved in mediation
The £118.80 child service is inclusive of VAT and full payment is required up front.
Fixed Fee Managed Children Service
With all of our fixed fee schemes you know in advance what your legal costs are going to be in advance. Your case will go through a number of stages. Our schemes are designed so that you only pay for the work that is needed, and so that you have a clear idea at the start how much you will need to budget for legal costs.
We will give you the best possible advice at all stages to enable you to make informed decisions. We have included some of the most relevant information in the sections below (click on the links to expand the text)
What is included and what it costs
The amount you pay depends on the stage your case reaches. For example:
1. First meeting – Free
2. Trying to reach an agreement without starting court proceedings – £540
3. Completing the application to commence court proceedings – £330
4. Representing you at a first court appointment – £900
5. Helping you to deal with the steps following the first court appointment – £1,800
6. Preparing for a trial/final hearing and going to the trial/final hearing with you – £3,600.
To find out more about our fixed fees for disputes about children and exactly what is and is not included please download our full guide here.
- Q: When are the fees payable?
- Q: How do we work out whether you are entitled to use the Fixed Fee Scheme?
- Q: What work is not included in the Fixed Fee Scheme?
- Q: What is the Pay As You Go Scheme
- Q: What information will I need to provide to be assessed for eligibility?
- Q: What happens with court orders requirement payment of legal fees?
All of these questions are answered in our handy downloadable guide.
Ready to speak to one of our specialist family lawyers?
All of our lawyers are members of Resolution and follow a code of practice intended to ensure that matters are dealt with in a sensitive and constructive way. If you’d prefer to speak to one of us directly please call our Corn Street Office on 0345 357 9650.