Finances and court proceedings

Finances and court proceedings

If you’re not able to reach agreement with your former partner about financial and property matters then you may need to ask the court to resolve the dispute as part of your divorce.

Making an application to court is straightforward although we will advise you carefully whether the likely benefits to you will outweigh the costs. We offer a range of fixed cost options so that you can be clear from the start what it will cost you.

The court can make a wide range of orders including allowing one party to remain in the matrimonial home, ordering the home to be sold, transferring assets (including pensions) from one party to the other or ordering one party to pay regular maintenance to the other. Each case is different and the right solution for you will depend on your individual circumstances. Our FAQ’s section should answer most questions.

We can advise you on all aspects of making an application to court and represent you in court at all stages.

Finance & Property on Divorce FAQs

We offer range of fixed fees for most of our services, including in relation to disputes about finance and property.

Go to Top